By Jim Hietala
The Open Group today announced the new Open FAIR Certification Program aimed at risk analysts, bringing a much-needed professional certification to the market that is focused on the practice of risk analysis. Both the Risk Taxonomy and Risk Analysis standards, standards of The Open Group, constitute the body of knowledge for the certification program, and they advance the risk analysis profession by defining a standard taxonomy for risk, and by describing the process aspects of a rigorous risk analysis.
In order to become certified, risk analysts must pass an Open FAIR certification exam. All certification exams are administered through Prometric, Inc. Exam candidates can start the registration process by visiting Prometric’s Open Group Test Sponsor Site www.prometric.com/opengroup. With 4,000 testing centers in its IT channel, Prometric brings Open FAIR Certification to security professionals worldwide. For more details on the exam requirements visit http://www.opengroup.org/certifications/exams.
Available November 1
Training courses will be delivered through an Open Group accredited channel. The accreditation of Open FAIR training courses will be available from November 1, 2013.
Our thanks to all of the members of the risk certification working group who worked tirelessly over the past 15 months to bring this certification program, along with a new risk analysis standard and a revised risk taxonomy standard, to the market. Our thanks also to the sponsors of the program, whose support is important to building this program. The Open FAIR program sponsors are Architecting the Enterprise, CXOWARE, SNA, and The Unit.
Lastly, if you are involved in risk analysis, we encourage you to consider becoming Open FAIR certified, and to get involved in the risk analysis program at The Open Group. We have plans to develop an advanced level of Open FAIR certification, and we also see a great deal of best practices guidance that is needed by the industry.
For more information on the Open FAIR certification program visit http://www.opengroup.org/certifications/openfair
You may also wish to attend a webcast scheduled for 7th November, 4pm BST that will provide an overview of the Open FAIR certification program, as well as an overview of the two risk standards. You can register here.
This guest post comes courtesy of Jim Hietala, The Open Group Chief of Security.
You may also be interested in:
- TOGAF certification reaches 25,000 milestone
- Businesses can remain dependable only is they get a full grip on risk and complexity, says The Open Group CEO Allen Brown
- Big Data success depends on better risk management practices like FAIR, say conference panelists
- Improving signal-to-noise in risk management
- CSC and HP team up to define the new state needed for comprehensive enterprise cybersecurity
- The Open Group Conference to Emphasize Healthcare as Key Sector for Ecosystem-Wide Interactions
- Managing transformation to Platform 3.0 a major focus of The Open Group Philadelphia Conference on July 15
- Platform 3.0 Ripe to Give Standard Access to Advnaced Intelligence and Automation, Bring Commercial Benefits to Enterprises