To learn more about better IT control and efficiency using the latest ITSM tools and services, we are joined by Fadoua Ouerdiane, IT Projects Director at SMS and Tunisie Electronique in Tunis, Tunisia. The discussion is moderated by me, Dana Gardner, Principal Analyst at Interarbor Solutions.
Here are some excerpts:
Gardner: Tell us a little bit about Tunisie Electronique.
Ouerdiane: Tunisie Electronique is a systems integrator for multiple vendors, including HP, for more than 40 years. We serve customers of different sizes covering almost all possible sectors.
Gardner: Tell us a little bit about the challenges that you're facing. What problems are you trying to solve for your customers?
Ouerdiane: Support activity is the pillar of our company. We're in a continuous development process to fulfill our customer expectations. As a solution integrator for HP and others, we are the first interface toward our end customers.
Gardner: There are an awful lot of IT challenges nowadays. People are doing more on mobile devices. They're doing more services from the cloud. Things are changing very rapidly. Therefore, they also have higher expectations about speed for solutions. Tell us about what you're putting in place in order to better serve these very complex needs.
Ouerdiane: Knowing how to manage those requests, consolidating, delegating to relevant resources, escalating, following up, and making sure that service-level agreements (SLAs) are respected are all crucial for our support department.
In the past, we have tried to manage those needs using in-house development tools and then open-source solutions. However, in each case, we were first confronted by different limitations. Finally, we decided to use the Service Anywhere solution from HP in the software-as-a-service (SaaS) mode and install it in a cloud environment.
Gardner: Why has the cloud environment delivery model been so important? What are the benefits for you in going to cloud rather than on-premises?
Ouerdiane: Our motivation to make the choice was that Service Anywhere is not only offering functionality that perfectly matches our needs, but it has more advantages. The first is easy deployment. My team made the solution available in less than one month. No extra infrastructure is needed. That means no administration efforts, especially with high availability. This will help us to reduce costs effectively.
Gardner: Do you have any sense of what this brings? What do you get in return for this in terms of metrics of success and business benefits? How have you been able to measure how well this is performing for you?
Ouerdiane: Today, using HP Service Anywhere, the support department is much better managed. It's bringing a lot of added value for the support team as well as our end customers.
Information is systematically shared with the relevant persons, thanks to the Service Anywhere notification functionality. There's better access using any device, at anytime, from anywhere; better tracking of each incident or support request. The main benefit is the improved customer satisfaction that we felt and experienced.
Gardner: Have you gotten any feedback? Do you have examples of what people tell you they like about it? How are your customers actually reacting to this new approach?
Ouerdiane: The customer no longer needs to send emails, to make calls, to get updated about the status and progress of its requests. Reports and dashboards are provided on a regular basis. Customer satisfaction is our main target and daily concern. Service Anywhere is bringing us closer.
Gardner: What do you think you will be doing in the future to provide even better IT services and support?
Ouerdiane: The next HP ITSM cloud release will be available soon with very important features, such as a multi-tenant feature, which we need. We'll work on the platform to add more content, to add all our customers’ content and support contacts.
Listen to the podcast. Find it on iTunes. Read a full transcript or download a copy. Sponsor: HP.
You may also be interested in:
- Mexican ISP Telum gains operational advantages via better monitoring across vast network
- Rapid matching of consumer inferences to ads serves up a big data success story
- adMarketplace solves search intent challenge with HP Vertica big data warehouse
- HP launches Haven OnDemand to deliver big data services suite in the cloud
- Hortonworks accelerates the big data mashup between Hadoop and HP Haven
- HP simplifies Foundation Care Services to deliver just-in-time, pan-IT tech support
- HP Analytics Blazes New Trails in Examining Business Trends from Internal Data
- Vichara Technologies grows the market for advanced analytics after cutting its big data teeth on Wall Street
- Big Data Analysis Provides New Degree of Real-Time Financial Position Insights to Large Russian Bank
- A practical guide to rapid IT Service Management as a foundation for overall business agility
- Journey to SAP quality — Home Trust builds center of excellence with HP ALM tools
- ITSM adoption forces a streamlined IT operations culture at Desjardins, paves the way to cloud